Friday 3 May 2013

How to cosplay: Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)

So you chose the wanderer, that you did! Here is my version:

Looking at the 'Shinigami Uniform tutorial' I made (look at my older posts) Instead of using Black for the hakama, use white, and instead of making a black Gi, make a Magenta one. This gi I have was a brilliant magenta, until it got washed (and I'm not sure if I can say fortunately or unfortunately, because now the gi looks super old).

He wears brown socks, instead of white. As for the sword: If you can get a reverse blade, that will be awesome, but for photos, I used one of my show/replica -katana.

For the wig part, find a wig with a similar colour and style. Unfortunately I used my own hair and sprayed it with flower spray (Signal Red), so I cannot really help with wig-tips.

For the final part: Remember the scar on the right cheek! Without it, you will only look like a Chizuru (with wrong hair colour) or a hippie-samurai

Well that concludes the making part.

Cosplaying:
Friendly, you can say 'oro' when surprised or confused or when you feel it will fit in. Adjusting how he talks will be fun too, for instance: Instead of saying: 'You did a great job', say you did a great job, that you did'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment