Wednesday 13 March 2013

Making the Vice-captain armband

So now, for the fun, tricky parts that make up your Bleach Character (if he or she is a vice-captain)

Cutting figure
  1. First you should get the material you want to use for the symbol. I used wood, but you can use carton or plastic or foam
  2. Get the cutter (scissors,saw, etc) for the material of choice
  3. Following this pattern (size not on scale. View anime for appropriate size) : see 'Cutting figure' : cut the pieces you need
  4. Get the glue of your choice that will work on the material you chose.
  5. Glue the small and long blocks (as indicated) to the big part : see 'first gluing part' and 'second gluing part'  :
  6. Paint the inside brownish-yellow with a black border
  7. Add your number and crest of choice : See 'Paint example' :
  8. Make an armband (white) and insert it between the 2 openings in the back (where you glued the blocks)
  9. THERE YOU HAVE IT! Your very own armband
First gluing part
Second gluing part
Paint example

 Here is a link to the Gotei 13 number and crests:
Gotei Flowers

Here are some of the armband(s) I made
6th squad

12th squad

8th squad



Have any questions? Feel free to ask.

4 comments:

  1. I was going to use normal material for this since I am making it for someone else? Would that work or should it really be wood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you can use anything which you feel will work best for you. I used wood because I had it and I had someone to help my cut it. But you can use normal material (fabric), or as I said foam or even plastic.

      Delete
  2. I am thinking of using the material and making a pocket and placing interfacing within the inside :)

    ReplyDelete